We are looking for an Android Kotlin Developer who possesses a passion for privacy and a track record of delivering apps to the Play Store. You'll work directly with the co-founders to design and build the next generation of privacy-preserving content-sharing applications. As one of the first members of the engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to build a new app from the ground up, influence direction and design decisions, and set the foundation for this and other apps to come.
If you are passioned about privacy and technology, and even if you don't meet all the qualifications, we'd like to hear from you! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Use the modern technologies, like Kotlin, Jetpack and Compose
- Work with fully spec'd APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability - Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Requirements and skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Have published at least one Android app with positive reviews
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies - Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Previous experience with open-source projects optional
Safehill is a pre-seed startup. We don't have an office or headquarters, and we are fully-remote. We are passioned about technology, security and privacy, and we are creating a ZERO-knowledge network to deliver solutions for multi-platform content sharing.
We are working regulators to establish stricter rules on transparency so that people can better understand the privacy risks and trade-offs with existing content-sharing solutions. We are also open- sourcing our network protocol and its implementation to set the example on transparency, so that anybody can build on top of it. Our mission is to empower people to have full control of their content in the cloud. Advancements in AI exacerbate the problem of handling our content online further, which makes this the perfect time to think about prevention.
With our first app, Snoog, we are targeting private and secure photo sharing multi-platform.
People around the world don't fully understand the risks associated with uploading and sharing photos using Google Photos, WhatsApp or other apps that compromise privacy for business growth, like targeted advertising.
For more information, please visit safehill.io